Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Grad School Adventures: Week 6: "Top Brands- A Game!"


Week 6
October 26- November 1st
Lesson of the Week:
"When you look good, you feel good, when you feel good, you play good, when you play...they pay good" -Tori Hunter - one of my favorite quotes and oh so applicable. When you feel good about the way you look, you exude confidence. There is an emotional connection to the way you carry yourself based on how you feel. 

As I had a whole week to sit around and study, which let’s be honest I did a lot of in between Netflix, Facebook, gym, and looking at entertaining articles. But I did study, I promise! It was interesting to evaluate how I approach finals and studying now compared to when I was in college back in 2006-2010. But throughout the week of studying among other things, I was able to catch up on quite a few current events, which is something I need to get better at. My goal is to read at least 1-2 articles a day related to Marketing and Business, but that sometimes falls to the bottom of the list. But it gave me time to get caught up which was nice. In the process of studying Marketing principles such as Market Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning, I was drawn back to an infographic that a colleague of mine sent to the class and I am sure one that I will be discussing again in this blog at some point when we get to the topics of Brand Management. But the below infographics is the Worlds Top Brands! Crazy, as you read through the list, think about what first comes to mind?




Let’s Play a Game!!!!!

Please pick one brand and share what immediately comes to mind in comments section below!


You guys are awesome! I am fascinated by brands, and how they have shaped our economy and consumer perceptions. I am sure that not everyone has the same perception of the same brand. Some people are avid Apple users and others are loyal to Samsung. I know that at some point I want my career to be involved in branding and brand management. I am excited for our future courses and experiences at MIP. For now I will continue to study, finals are next week right?

As far as Halloween goes Christine and I went out with some friends from class and had a fun night hanging out in the VIP sections at a club called MiB Piazza Affari. It was an excellent venue with a fantastic DJ. Piazza Affari is where the Stock Exchange of Italy is, and there is a very interesting piece of art in the middle, a giant marble middle finger! Yes you read that right, Google it!







No comments:

Post a Comment